Beta 1 Release
- RootFS: http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/fedora-arm/beta/f13/rootfs-f13-beta-2011-02-22.tar.bz2
- Repository: http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/mash/beta/f13-arm-2011-02-21/f13-arm/arm/os/
- Fedora ARM Secondary Architecture project page
- ARM Koji Buildsystem
- #fedora-arm channel on the Freenode.net IRC network
- Fedora-ARM mailing list
- This release supports the ARM v5 architecture, little-endian, gnueabi, with thumb interworking (armv5tel). It will work on higher architecture versions but is not fully optimized for them. Popular supported devices include:
- This release does not support armv4 and lower architecture versions. This means that it does not work on device including:
- The Fedora ARM project does not currently provide a kernel. You will need to provide a kernel suitable for your device (either the one provided with the device, or one compiled for your device). Here are kernels suitable for some common ARM development devices:
- A comparision of the packages included in this beta release with the versions included in the primary 32-bit architecture (i686)
- Notable package sets not included or incomplete in the beta include OpenOffice.org, gstreamer, and KDE.
- Some languages (Ocaml, Haskell) do not yet suport ARM (in the versions used in F13). Therefore, any packages written in these languages are not yet available.
- Work is continuing on the remaining packages.
Using the Beta Release
- The beta release is a tarball of a minimal root filesystem. When coupled with a suitable kernel, it provides sufficient tools for login, network setup (wired or wireless), and software installation/removal via yum.
- Instructions for setting up Fedora ARM on a device
- The default root password is:
PandaBoard Serial Login
- On PanadaBoards, no login prompt appears on the serial console. As a temporary workaround, uncomment the lines in