PowerPC/POWER Special Interest Group
- IRC: #fedora-ppc on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing List: fedora-ppc mailing list
- Adrian Reber
- Karsten Hopp (IBM Power 730 Express Server, PowerMac G5)
- Jiri Skala
- Dan Horák (IBM IntelliStation 275)
- David Aquilina (release engineer)
- Mark Hamzy
- Brent Baude
- Gustavo Luiz Duarte
- We don't schedule any IRC meetings, although starting at the Alpha phase of any release we'll try to find some time each day to discuss open issues on our #fedora-ppc channel on IRC .
- The next 'real' meeting of the Fedora-PPC team is planned at the FUDcon 2013 in Lawrence, Kansas.
Fedora 18 for Power is currently in development. The schedule is following the one for primary as closely as possible Fedora 18 schedule. As usual we have architecture specific blocker tracking bugs open for Alpha, Beta and RC:
The current nightly composes can be found here: F18 latest compose
Fedora 18 Final Checklists
Fedora 18 Beta Checklists
Fedora 18 Alpha Release notes
Fedora 18 Alpha mirrors
Previous Fedora for Power Releases
Please refer to Architectures/PowerPC/PreviousReleases for information on previous Fedora for Power releases.
Fedora rebuild efforts
There are currently efforts ongoing to recompile all packages and prepare a F-18 release.
This is the current status of the package rebuild:
Rebuild problems, TODO list
- yaboot is only available on 32bit PPC which means we currently need some hacks for 64bit boot images. This won't change as the PPC firmware seems to be 32bit only. In the long term yaboot is supposed to be replaced by grub2, at the moment it is still required to boot from DVD.
The PowerPC koji build system
All official Fedora PowerPC packages will be built by the koji build system at the PowerPC koji hub
Building packages on the PowerPC koji build system
Everyone with a Fedora account can do at least scratch builds of packages on the PowerPC koji build system, package maintainers who can check changes into the git repositories can build updated packages that will later on end up in the distribution.
Doing scratch builds
After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build --scratch f17 yourpkg.src.rpm
These builds will be removed from koji automatically after a while.
'Real' builds will be pulled into the package repositories and into the install images, unless they got replaced by later versions. After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build f17 "$(fedpkg giturl)"
fedpkg build --target=f17 (this works only when you have a symlink from ~/.koji/ppc-config to ~/.koji/config)
(currently broken: bugzilla 787776 )