PowerPC/POWER Special Interest Group
- IRC: #fedora-ppc on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing List: fedora-ppc mailing list
- Adrian Reber
- Karsten Hopp (IBM Power 730 Express Server, PowerMac G5)
- Jiri Skala
- Dan Horák (IBM IntelliStation 275)
- David Aquilina (release engineer)
- Mark Hamzy
- Brent Baude
- Gustavo Luiz Duarte
- We don't schedule any IRC meetings, although starting at the Alpha phase of any release we'll try to find some time each day to discuss open issues on our #fedora-ppc channel on IRC .
- The next 'real' meeting of the Fedora-PPC team is planned at the FUDcon 2013 in Lawrence, Kansas.
Fedora 17 is the latest stable release of Fedora for Power. It was announced on June 14th, 2012. Please see the release notes for additional details or download it from your closest mirror. It has been most extensively tested on IBM Power systems, but is also known to work on Apple Mac G5 systems.
You can find information about previous Fedora for Power releases at Architectures/PowerPC/PreviousReleases.
Build System & Resources
All official Fedora PowerPC packages are built by the koji build system at the PowerPC koji hub
Everyone with a Fedora account can do scratch builds of packages on the PowerPC koji build system. After running fedora-packager-setup from the fedora-packager rpm
ppc-koji build --scratch f17 yourpkg.src.rpm
Scratch builds can be found here, and will be removed from koji automatically after a while.
For a build to end up in the final Fedora for Power distribution, that NVR must have been built on the primary Fedora koji and then pushed as an update for that release. koji-shadow is used by Fedora for Power to track both the stable (e.g. 'f18' during f18 branched development and 'f18-updates' after GA) and updates-testing tags of each release, as well as the current rawhide tag. If an update pushed to primary does not appear in Fedora for Power within a day or two, feel free to find dwa or Kick_ on the #fedora-ppc IRC channel for assistance.
PPC Shell access for debugging