Architectures/PowerPC/Meetings/FUDCon Lawrence 2013
(Created page with "= Summary = Members of the Fedora on PowerPC project will be attending the 2013 FUDCon event in Lawrence, KS. Currently there aren't any real sessions planned, it'll be more...")
m (Karsten moved page Architectures/PowerPC/Meetings/FUDCon Blacksburg 2012 to Architectures/PowerPC/Meetings/FUDCon Lawrence 2013)
Revision as of 17:51, 15 November 2012
Members of the Fedora on PowerPC project will be attending the 2013 FUDCon event in Lawrence, KS. Currently there aren't any real sessions planned, it'll be more like a discussion. This page is intended to gather topics we'd like to cover during the FUDCo. Please see below for further details.
Everyone who is interested in PowerPC hardware, i.e. IBM PowerPC hardware. Even though the Fedora on PPC project focuses on IBM hardware, we'd like to also invite people with Apple PPC hardware to join us to discuss how they can help us with the project. If we don't get some developers who are willing to provide patches soon, we might have to drop support for these older hardware due to lack of manpower to maintain it.
We're online most of the time in #fedora-ppc on Freenode IRC, just post your question there and wait for someone to answer.
We'll have one all-day session with the following topics (feel free to add more):
- Introductions, not everyone from the PPC team has been at the last meeting in Blacksburg
- Retrospective F18, what do we need to improve for F19
- more communication, i.e. more communication on the fedora-ppc mailinglist
- more communication with the other secondary arch maintainers about common problems, tools, ...
- Supported archs/hardware for F19
- grub2 as bootloader on install media (DVD)