- 1 Design Service
- 1.1 How to use the service
- 1.2 Request List
- 1.3 Resources Created
Are you the administrator of a Fedora web app but need some icons or a nice template to spruce it up? Think you need to improve the usability of your application but you're not sure how? Do you want to run a marketing campaign on the Fedora wiki but need some graphical banners?
Basically, if you need any computer graphics relating to Fedora, or need some design help making your application usable, drop a request here!
How to use the service
Add a new entry in the ""Request list"" below, specify the type of graphic you need and any details (e.g., date/time/place for an event poster, URL for a usability review, etc.), and contact info (email and irc are good) so an artist/designer can get in contact with you if there's any information they need to create the design. Please add changes to the top of the list of "Request List"
Watch the page to see when is taken/completed. If it doesn't seem like anyone is picking it up, forward your request to email@example.com.
For Fedora Art contributors
When you start working on a new design change the status to reflect is taken. When ready, change the status to 'closed'. If any artwork or design you come up with might be generally useful for others, post it here so we can save it as a resource.
- Wiki Username
- Date Requested (added 3.18.08, to help show older requests.)
- Designer who claims it
- Wiki Banner, Logo, and default icon for the "Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux" group.
- Open ideas are welcome, but one that was brought up was a Tugboat pulling a barge of 'Packages'. We have been told that ideas that would not fly would be a Hat looking like the USS Enterprise :). Thanks.
- Date Requested 2008-03-01?
- Designer who claims it
- Wiki Banner, Logo, and default icon for the Amateur Radio SIG Web Page and Packages
- Like http://www.wifithankyou.com/images/antenna-icon.gif but square and radio waves coming from the sides of the antenna not the top
- Brain Warming Up
- Here was an initial idea posted to the list by FrankMurphy: http://www.frankly3d.com/wip/wip.html --RyanLerch
- I did up a sample SVG based on FrankMurphy 's initial sketch: --RyanLerch
File:Artwork DesignService AmateurRadio1.svgz SVGz source]
- new contributor, heminder also did up an idea: http://heminder.deviantart.com/art/quot-Amateur-Radio-quot-85811726 --RyanLerch
- wizard icon
- For system-config tools and other applications an icon is needed for a configuration wizard. I made my own one, which I am currently using: http://people.redhat.com/twoerner/icons/wizard.svg But this icon is not part of artwork and has a slightly different look. Here is a new version: http://people.redhat.com/twoerner/icons/wizard/
- Revisor Site Logo
- We need a good logo for http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/
- Not yet started
- docs.fedoraproject.org and download.fedora.redhat.com templates
- Details: these pages use the old (circa FC1) fedora site template. we need something to match the fedoraproject.org template.
- not yet started
- fedoraproject.org page
- Create all other set of error pages (as the 404 already designed) to keep the same standard/template throughout all the HTTP errors
- Anand Capur
- Smolt banner
- Now that Fedora7 was released, smolt should have a new banner
- Not Claimed
- Nicu, these look great. Mike got some criticism for having the Fedora logo featured so prominently though. :( So here's a version without it... File:Artwork DesignService smolt no fedora logo.svg | SVG source] ||
- SamuelBizien / L10N team
- flag icon
- We need a logo reflecting l10n efforts, such as this one , but respecting advice to not use official flags . It would be used on translate.fp.o and, maybe, on Wikipages
- Not Claimed
- NicuBuculei: this is not a finished work, more a concept: File:Artwork DesignService international.svg SVG]
- transifex logo
- Transifex needs a logo. From its page: "Transifex is a web-system that facilitates the process of submitting translations in various version control systems (VCS). The name literally means "translation-builder" (from the latin verb facere)." Will go live in the beginning of August.
- Not claimed.
Fedora hosted logo
- Fedora Hosted logo
- fedorahosted.org needs a logo, to be used as default for all projects that currently don't have one. This will substitute the default trac logo
- Proposed logo -
- Check out the archive
Spinner graphic for an AJAX web app to let the user know they need to wait a sec. by MairinDuffy
File:Artwork DesignService spinner-graphic.tar.gz tar.gz of transparent PNG frames]
Another spinner created by DianaFong.