RPM GUIDE TASK LIST
The RPM Guide is a fully featured documentation for the (R)edhat (P)ackage (M)anager. The guide can be found at the following link:
It was written by Eric Foster-Johnson and has been released under the Open Publication Licence, Version 1.0. The guide is very mature at the moment with indepth coverage of features with examples. This page lists all the tasks that have to be done to maintain the guide and keep it upto date.
1. Document Layout:
- An update on the documents layout should be done.
- Exact modifications are
- "Note:" headings need to be highlighted. The other guides have such headings in a highlighted box which makes it stand out.
- The examples need to be outlined and properly structured. They should also be put in a box so that it looks good.
- Steps for performing an operation need to be properly numbered and formatted.
- Steps for Installing a new package
- Steps for Updating packages etc...
- It would be great if all the flags used with rpm command could be highlighted or the command as a whole could be highlighted.
- rpm -U --nodeps eruby-devel-0.9.8-2.i386.rpm
This is the first task that was immediately noticed while going through the existing rpm guide. The task page should be created at