Revision as of 06:18, 26 December 2008
- 1 FUDCon LinuxTag 2008
- 1.1 Location and Date
- 1.2 News
- 1.3 Responsible Ambassadors
- 1.4 Schedule
- 1.5 Speakers at FUDCon
- 1.5.1 Community Architecture for Fun and Profit (Confirmed)
- 1.5.2 Fedora "State of the Union" (Confirmed)
- 1.5.3 Fedora Electronic Lab (Confirmed)
- 1.5.4 Creating a customized spin of Fedora (Confirmed)
- 1.5.5 FreeIPA (Confirmed)
- 1.5.6 Cobbler = PXE, reinstall, XEN
- 1.6 Reports
- 1.7 Event Pictures
FUDCon LinuxTag 2008
- During the LinuxTag at Berlin, Germany.
- The FUDCon is part of the LinuxTag and they take some money.
Location and Date
- Messe am Funkturm, Berlin, Germany
- date: 30.05.2008
- room #5 "Wiesbaden"
- More Details about the Location -> Survival Kit
- 09.04.2008: FudConLinuxTag2008 Track is confirmed by LinuxTag
- The official timetable : [ Talks]
|10:00 - 10:10||MaxSpevack||Welcome to FUDCon|
|10:10 - 11:00||ThibaultNorth||Fedora Electronic Lab|
|11:00 - 12:00||MatthiasKranz||FreeIPA|
|12:00 - 13:00||MaxSpevack||Community Architecture for Fun and Profit|
|13:00 - 15:00||Lunchtime|
|15:00 - 16:00||PaulFrields||Keynote: "State of the union"|
|16:00 - 17:00||Francesco Crippa||Cobbler = PXE, reinstall, XEN|
|17:00 - 18:00||JeroenVanMeeuwen||Creating a customized spin of Fedora|
Speakers at FUDCon
Community Architecture for Fun and Profit (Confirmed)
- Speaker: MaxSpevack - A talk about the strategies that Fedora and Red Hat use in community building. How to enable, grow, sustain, and motivate volunteer communities worldwide.
Fedora "State of the Union" (Confirmed)
- Speaker: PaulFrields - A talk about the overall state of the Fedora Project, our rapid growth and innovation, and some things to expect in the coming year.
Fedora Electronic Lab (Confirmed)
- Speaker: ThibaultNorth
Fedora's Electronic Laboratory provides a complete electronic laboratory setup with reliable open source design tools in order to meet one's requirements to keep one in pace with current technological race.
It provides tools for Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)design flow process, and open source standard cells for a feature size of 0.13 um. It also includes circuit simulation, microcontrollers programming, hardware developement, and embedded system developement tools. Interoperability between packages is provided, to achieve different design flows.
Creating a customized spin of Fedora (Confirmed)
- Speaker: Jeroen van Meeuwen
What can you customize in Fedora? How can you do that? What can you do to shape Fedora the way you need to? How can you make these things work for you?
Fedora is more then this set of discs that is released with a certain set of packages, but how do you make use of the extra abilities? Customization considers consideration spanning kickstart, package selection, making those appear in the group/package selection dialog, dependency resolving, installation automation for deployment, and other customizations. In this session, an in-depth introduction is on these various topics will be discussed, how they interact with one another and how you can make it work for your particular demands.
- Speaker: Matthias Kranz
Cobbler = PXE, reinstall, XEN
- Speaker: Francesco Crippa
- no reports at the moment
- no pictures