|Before the event|
|At the event|
Milan, the capital of Lombardy, has a population of 1.3 million people. It is the biggest industrial city of Italy with many different industrial sectors. It is a magnetic point for designers, artists, photographers and models. Milan has an ancient city centre with high and interesting buildings and palazzos, which is why so many people from all over the world want to see the city of glamour.
Milan is recognized as a world fashion and design capital, with a major global influence in commerce, industry, music, sport, literature, art and media, making it one of GaWC's major Alpha world cities
Further useful information :
- Official currency: Euro (EUR)
- Time zone: CET (UTC/GMT +1 hour)
- Electrical ratings: 230V/50Hz, (Plug type: C/F/L, Socket type: F/L)
- About Milan Tourist Information
- Lonely Planet Inforamtion
Università degli Studi di Milano Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences (Informatics and Communication Building)
Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Informazione Università degli Studi di Milano Via Comelico, 39-41 20135 Milano Italy
September 30 through October 2, 2011
- Please add your name to the list if you will attend. Also, please indicate the following:
- Put an X in the $$$ column if you need funding to attend, and visit the FUDCon ticket tracker to make a funding request. Funding requests without a ticket will not be considered. We have a limited budget and will work hard to fund as many people as possible. We'll use these answers to help figure out budgeting for the event. We are making arrangements for attendees from other geographic regions to encourage specific initiatives such as future FUDCon events, but preference may otherwise be given to people in EMEA.
- Put a V in the Veg column if you would like vegetarian fare for any meals that we provide during the event. If you prefer vegan fare, please mark that column VV. We will do our best to make sure everyone is accommodated!
- Put your T-shirt size in the Size column, so we can have an idea about what sizes to have available. (Use a W to note a women's size if needed.)
- If you want or need to share a room, mark yes in the "Roomshare?" column.
- Once you have a roommate, both of you should mark your roommate's name in the block as well.
- If you need a roommate, look for someone with just a yes in the column, and contact them via email. If you encounter any problems, let the organizers know.
- Use the Comments section for anything else you think organizers need to know, or to offer or ask for space or rides.
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Roomshare?||Hotel Booked||Country||Comments (extra line for badge)|
|1||Jared Smith||No||L||No||No||USA||Badge: jsmith|
|2||Dennis Gilmore||No||XXL||Yes||No||Australia||Badge: dgilmore|
|3||Gerold Kassube||X||No||XXXL||Yes, Fabian||No||Germany||Badge: geroldka|
|4||Robert Scheck||X||No||XXL||Yes||No||Germany||Badge: rsc|
|5||Rahul Sundaram||X||No||XL||Yes||No||India||Badge: mether|
|6||Kamil Páral||No||M||Yes, Josef Skládanka||No||Czech Republic||Badge: kparal|
|7||Josef Skládanka||No||L||Yes, Kamil Páral||No||Czech Republic||Badge: jskladan|
|8||Caius Chance||X||No||TBD||Yes||No||Loc: Australia Nat: British||Badge: kaio|
|9||Jaroslav Reznik||No||XXL||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: jreznik|
|10||Fabian Affolter||X||No||XL||Yes, Gerold||No||Switzerland||Badge: fab|
|11||Christoph Wickert||X||Yes||L||Yes, TBD||No||Germany||Badge: cwickert|
|12||Zoltan Hoppar||X||No||XXL||Yes, in triple Gergely||No||Hungary||Badge: zoltanh721|
|13||Gergely Rakosi||X||No||XXXL||Yes, in triple Zoltan||No||Hungary||Badge: rgeri77|
|14||Gent Thaçi||X||No||XXL||Yes||No||Kosovo||Badge: gent|
|15||Truong Anh Tuan||X||No||L||Yes, TBD||No||Vietnam||Badge: tuanta|
|16||Vittorio Memmo||No||XL||No||No||Italy||Badge: vmemmo|
|17||Bertrand Juglas||No||XL||No||Yes||France||Badge: bertux|
|18||Guillermo Gómez||X||No||L||Yes, Jeroen van Meeuwen||No||Venezuela||Badge: gomix|
|19||Peter Robinson||No||L||No||No||UK / Australia||Badge: pbrobinson|
|20||Abdel Martínez||X||No||S||Yes||No||Panama||Badge: potty|
|21||Constantin DRABO||X||No||XL||Yes||No||Burkina Faso||Badge: pandaconstantin|
|22||Michal Toman||No||L||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: mtoman|
|23||Peter Vrabec||No||L||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: pvrabec|
|24||Ondřej Vašík||No||XXL||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: ovasik|
|25||Alexander Kurtakov||No||XXL||No||No||Bulgaria||Badge: akurtakov|
|26||Marek Goldmann||No||M||No||Yes||Poland||Badge: mgoldmann / JBoss / BoxGrinder|
|27||Jeroen van Meeuwen||Hell No||XL||Yes, I survived Guillermo Gómez last time||No||United Kingdom||Badge: Was it as good for me as it was for you?|
|28||Kévin Raymond||No||L||Yes, ?||No||France||Badge: shaiton|
|29||Pierre-Yves Chibon||X||No||L||No||No||France||Badge: pingou|
|30||Federico Simoncelli||X||No||M||No||No||Italy||Badge: fsimonce|
|31||Marcus Moeller||No||M||No||No||Switzerland||Badge: mmoeller|
|32||Marcela Mašláňová||No||S||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: mmaslano|
|35||Adam Banoczki||X||No||M||Yes, in triple with Zoltan||No||Hungary||Badge: tiarise|
|36||John McDonough||No||XXL||Yes, w/Deirdre Blackhurst||No||U.S.||Badge: jjmcd|
|37||Deirdre Blackhurst||No||S||Yes, with John McDonough||No||U.S.||Badge: Deirdre|
|38||Stefano Frontori||No||M||No||No||Italy||Badge: sfrontori|
|39||Robyn Bergeron||No||S||No||No||United States||Badge: Ask me about PromotionalKittenBaskets|
|40||Tom Callaway||Yes||XXL||Yes||No||USA||Badge: spot|
|41||Radek Vokal||No||L||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: rvokal|
|43||Mauro L. R. Pesce||No||XXXL||No||No||Italy||Badge: heikebruhns|
|44||Marco Olivo||No||XXL||No||No||Italy||Badge: MacGyver|
|45||Vinzenz Vietzke||Yes, with Katrin Eberhardt||XL||Yes||No||Germany||Badge: vinz|
|46||Katrin Eberhardt||No||S||Yes||Yes, with Vinzenz Vietzke||Germany||Badge: Kaddi|
|47||Adrian Joian||X||No||L||Yes, with Nicu||No||Romania||Badge : Ajoian|
|48||Nicu Buculei||Hell No||XL||Yes, with Adrian||No||Romania||Badge : "nicubunu, perv photographer"|
|49||Veaceslav Mindru||No||XXL||No||No||Czech Republic/R. Moldova||Badge : "efiop"|
|50||Vadim Grinco||No||XL||Yes||No||Czech Republic||Badge: No, I will not fix your computer!|
|51||Marco Mornati||No||L||No||No||France||Badge: mmornati|
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Roomshare?||Hotel booked||Country||Comments (extra line for badge)|
Airports and their distance from lodging and venue
If you arrive to Milan by airplane, you are going to land at one of the following airports:
- Malpensa International Airport (International, Intercontinental and Low Cost Flights) 40km
- Linate Airport (International and Regional Flights) 5km
- Bergamo Orio Al Serio Airport (Low cost Flights) 60Km
There are several services (public and private) that connect the Milan city center.
Few examples with updated prices:
- From Orio Al Serio Airport to Milan Centrale Station: Shuttle Bus (1h, Single: 8.90 EUR, Return: 16 EUR)
- From Malpensa Airport to Milan Centrale: Express Train (30', Single: 12 EUR)
- From Malpensa Airport to Milan Centrale: Shuttle Bus (45': Single: 7.50 EUR, Return: 12 EUR)
- From Linate Airport to Milan Centrale: Shuttel Bus (20', Single: 4 EUR)
Estimated costs of flights major airports that attendees will travel from
|Paris||London||Amsterdam||Frankfurt||Berlin||Brussels||Madrid||Prague||New York||Boston||Chicago||Los Angeles|
|Orio al Serio||51.98€||80.00€||39.98€||49.98€||61.98€||28.98€|
- Hotel Perugino
- 3 Stars
- Free WiFi Connectivity
- ~40 EUR per room a day
- 500m from the venue (5 minutes walking)
- UNA Hotel Mediterraneo
- 4 Stars
- Free WiFi Connectivity
- ~85 EUR per room a day
- 1km from the venue (15 minutes walking)
- Best Western Hotel Major Milano
- 4 Stars
- Free WiFi Connectivity
- ~100 EUR per room a day
- 1km from the venue (15 minutes walking)
ATM (Azienda Trasporti Milanesi) manages the public transport service of the city of Milan and of 85 towns in the province. It provides underground train, urban tramway, inter-urban tramway, urban bus and trolley bus, interurban bus and airport transfer services.
Metro services operate between 06:00-24:00 and cover three lines. After midnight, a night-time bus service substitutes for lines 1 and 3 of the underground.
There are numerous tram routes that cover Milan. Generally trams run from 06:00-24:00. However, routes 4, 5, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 24, 29, 30, 33 continue until about 02:00 on weekdays.
- Laptop with 802.11b/g wireless
- Extension cord (and European power adapter, if from outside Europe)
- Ethernet cable (for hotel and/or hackfest)
- Optional: Bring a Fedora Friend Finder (power strip)
- Credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or small amount of cash (ATMs are nearby the hotel and venue)
- Your presentation slides or anything needed for the hackfest
- Casual clothes for the event
- Average highs near 19C, average lows near 6C
- Optional: umbrella, there is occasional precipitation
- International visitors:
- Passport/visa and any other official documentation needed
- Converters for power (reference link)
If staying at the hotel:
- Optional: swimsuit, gym clothes.
- Friday Night (September 30th): Yguana Cafe, "Apertivio" starting from 7pm
- Saturday Night (October 1st): FUDCon PUB and FUDCon Pizza (GiroPizza) starting from 7pm
This event is run in general accordance with our other FUDCon events, which have their own set of pages for administration.
FUDCon is planned openly and transparently. Anyone is welcome to attend and participate in the meetings. All attendees are expected to be polite and constructive. Planning happens through email and IRC:
- Planning via email is done on the fudcon-planning list, which is open to participants to join.
- Regular IRC meetings are held on Friday at 15:00 UTC (11:00am US-Eastern time) in .
- IRC meeting agenda is set from the FUDCon planning Trac, using all tickets with the emea-meeting keyword set. To add something to the agenda, file a new ticket (if required) and add the emea-meeting keyword. Here is the current agenda.
- This doesn't mean clothing is optional if you swim or exercise!