- 1 Introduction
- 2 Test Developer Use Cases
- 3 Administrator Use Cases
- 4 Release Engineer Use Cases
- 5 Package Maintainer Use Cases
This page is intended to be a comprehensive list of all the ways people will interact with AutoQA. This page will detail activities for test developers, administrators, release engineers and package maintainers,. This page follows a similar design to the Fedora_Talk_Admin_Cases and related pages.
- If the use case works today, there should be a link to a wiki page explaining how to do it
- If the use case does not exist yet, there should be a link to an AutoQA Ticket.
Test Developer Use Cases
The following use cases are aimed at Roger
Getting Started with AutoQA
Roger wants to write a hello world program to see how the AutoQA framework works
- Roger goes to AutoQA for a summary of the project
- Roger reviews the guidelines for test requirements at Writing_AutoQA_Tests
- Roger creates a new test (hello world) on his local system
- Roger integrates his test into AutoQA by ...
- Installing the required software -- 
- Creating a directory for his new test code according to the instructions at Writing_AutoQA_Tests#The_test_directory
- Building a
controlfile for his test according to Writing_AutoQA_Tests#The_control_file
- Finally, creating a python test object for his new test, according to Writing_AutoQA_Tests#Test_Objects
- Roger executes his test program using the AutoQA test environment -- 
- Roger reviews the test results -- 
- Roger submits his test to the AutoQA project -- 
- Roger is so blown away by how easy it is that he stays up all night writing tests with Fabio.
Automate a test
Fabio is the maintainer for the FozBoz package. He is tired of running random tests and commands to see if his new package has regressions.
- Fabio retrieve the ____ template from ___
- Fabio writes automated tests that run from a bash command line
- Fabio adds hooks described at _____ to his automated tests
- Fabio checks his test into _____
- Fabio verifies that his test runs in AutoQA by doing _____
- Fabio files a ticket with ____ to have his test added to AutoQa
- Fabio orders a case of his favorite beverage and drinks it each night instead of running tests by hand
- After finishing his evening beverage Fabio reviews ____ to make sure his tests passed or ran as expected.
Fix an existing test
- Where is the code?
- How are patches submitted
- Where are patches discussed
Integrate a test into AutoQA
- How do you know it works when running inside AutoQA?
Administrator Use Cases
These use cases are aimed at Nancy. Nancy is a member of the Fedora Infrastructure team and has been asked to help the AutoQA project with sysadmin tasks that require access to infrastructure systems and tools.
Create a AutoQA system from scratch
Add a new test system to AutoQA
Recover a failed test system
Remove a test system
Update puppet configuration
Release Engineer Use Cases
Prevent breaking updates repo dependencies
Package Maintainer Use Cases
Ned is the maintainer of several packages in Fedora. After having dealt with a several reoccurring bugs in the last round of updates to his packages, Ned would like to write some tests to help capture the failures before they happen.
Write a test
- See #Write_a_test perhaps?
- Where do they store the tests? In CVSDist?