Big Data SIG
The Big Data SIG ... shall do big data things. In Big, grand Fedora style.
Interested? Come hang out and help shape the future of Fedora + Big Data.
What are we going to do?
Whatever the people who show up and want to do work want to do. :) If you're wondering if this COULD BE YOU, the answer is quite likely YES. But just in case, here's an easily-extended list of what this COULD include:
- Hadoop. HDFS. NoSQL (enormous list here). Ad-hoc analysis tools. Activity stream processing tools.
- Packaging of any of the above.
- Better documenting existing packaging of things we know we already have.
- Discussion of how to take deploy one of these technologies and do something useful with it, solve problems in your area of interest, etc.
- Deciphering what the heck any of this is, means to anyone, and why it can be useful, and why Fedora is great to use with these technologies.
There is no formal process for participating; joining the mailing list, hanging out on IRC, or participating in meetings are all fantastic ways to get involved.
We will likely hang out on irc.freenode.net at #fedora-bigdata.
Haven't used IRC for communication before? More information on how to use IRC is available here.
We shall have them, and see how it goes.
First meeting: 2013-03-07, 17:00 UTC.
Where: irc.freenode.net at #fedora-meeting-1.