Fedora Board Nominations
This is the nomination page for Fedora Board elections .
In December 2008 there are two seats up for election.
Matt Domsch (mdomsch)
- Goal statement: Fedora defines and exhibits the best in Free and Open Source software development and release practices, government, and inclusion, and serves as a role model for other communities.
- Past work summary: Member of the Board since its inception in April 2006. Member of Fedora Infrastructure. Fedora Mirror Wrangler and author of MirrorManager. Fedora packaging sponsor, maintaining 17+ packages. Monthly I rebuild the entire rawhide tree to catch Fails to Build From Source failures. I have been actively involved in the development of Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Fedora since 1999.
- Future plans: Encourage more ways for our millions of users to become active contributors and evangelists.
- Anything else you want to add: I speak only for myself, not my employer, unless otherwise noted. But if you like Dell gear, I'll take credit too. :-)
Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
Nominated by MaxSpevack
- Goal statement: Make Fedora one of the best communities to join as a contributor, enjoying a highly productive ecosystem, a clear meritocratic governance model, and strong connections with upstream communities.
- Past work summary: Fedora Localization Steering Committee chair and Documentation Steering Committee member. Development lead of Transifex and Fedora's Translation Infrastructure, presenting them in 10+ international conferences. Worked on the establishment of the Localization Project as a True Fedora Project (tm) and coordinated the development migration of Fedora's software repositories from elvis to Fedora servers. Founder and current spokesperson of the Greek Fedora Team.
- Future plans: Bring the Fedora Foundation topic again on the table, in order to have Fedora enjoy much wider support and resource contribution. Continue and further increase the Board's openness and close touch with the community itself (polls, votes, any method of direct democracy). And, in general, stand on the shoulder of giants and continue walking the great path we're already on.
- Anything else you want to add: A FUDCon on the Parthenon... or maybe on on a sandy beach on a Greek island next to crystal-clear waters? Hmm. Hmmmmm.
Name (IRC nickname)
- Goal statement:
- Past work summary:
- Future plans:
- Anything else you want to add: