All Bugzappers are recommended to use this GreaseMonkey script. You'll need the GreaseMonkey plugin for your browser for it to work - here's the Firefox GreaseMonkey add-on. It will automatically add a standard Bugzappers group signature to each comment you make in Bugzilla. This both shows that you are a member of the Bugzappers group so that reporters and maintainers understand why you are working on the bug, and promotes the work of the Bugzappers group.
How to make Bugzilla more palatable in Firefox
- Bugzilla Triage Buttons This is a GreaseMonkey script that requires both Firefox and the GreaseMonkey plug-in. With both installed click the link to the script and it will automatically install. This add additional buttons to a bug page on bugzilla these will create a stock response to a bug. NEEDINFO Reminder will not close the bug but send a reminder to the reporter that the maintainer is asking for information to resolve the bug. NO RESPONSE is the stock response and settings to close a bug that the reporter never gave sufficient information for. The buttons fill in the fields but do not submit the form, after selecting a button check the fields and click Save Changes.
- Link Widgets When browsing through bugs in a long query results, this add-on for Firefox makes Alt+[PgUp/PgDown] Firefox to jump to (following/previous) bug.
Making searches in Bugzilla without much effort
The deskbar applet has a Fedora Bugzilla plugin. To install:
- Right click on the GNOME panel
- Select "Add to panel > Deskbar"
- Add the Bugzilla plugin
- Right click on the deskbar icon on the panel.
- Select Preferences
- Check the Bugzilla plugin.
For a quick search method in Firefox see, KieranClancy's user page.
Talk with Bugzilla from command line (or scripts)
- python-bugzilla contains bugzilla command
A project has been started to create some useful metrics of the state of fedora bugs, or Fedora Metrics. This will allows us to identify areas that progress is being made, as well as where we need to dirrect our focus. At some point we also want to be able to start identifying and rewarding those that are making contributions.
In the meantime, progress is being tracked at BugZappers/components.