The Fedora contributor business card is a Board-sanctioned business card that represents contributors of Fedora.
For right now, consider this documentation as a draft as people discuss it. I'm sure there will be an announcement of sorts when we call it good. --Ian Weller 08:23, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
Get the card generator
First, you need some packages from yum.
sudo yum install mgopen-fonts python-fedora pygpgme
The generator is a Python script stored in a git repository on fedorapeople.org. Clone it.
Generate the card
In the fedora-business-cards repo, run
This will ask you to login to FAS, download the default information, and create the default business card, which is what we highly recommend you use.
Passing options to the generator
Get potential options by running
python generate.py -h
and pass options like this:
The default for the
--info option is
Using a GPG fingerprint instead of the key ID
Simply replace the
gpgid option in
gpgfingerprint. Like so:
Let's say you don't want to use your @fedoraproject.org email, or your talk.fedoraproject.org extension. Use the
Before overriding information, we recommend adding useful information to FAS.
- Generating a card for someone else?
- Don't have a GPG key ID in FAS, but want to use it on your card?
- Want to become Inigo Montoya?
Errors come in the form of a
delicious birthday cake Python traceback. Generally the last string in the traceback is what we'll use here.
%s is a wildcard in these cases.
<code>--info count can't be greater than 6
- You can't have more than 6 things in
--info. Deal with it.
%s not valid for --info
- You used an invalid option for
--info. Maybe your code base is old and it needs a
Couldn't get PGP fingerprint for key %s
- The generator script will attempt to get your GPG key and get the fingerprint, if you don't have the key handy. If it can't, it throws this.
No IRC nick for %s, use override and
No GPG key ID for %s, use override
- This data isn't available in FAS, either due to privacy restrictions or nonexistance. Either add the information to FAS, use
--override-gpgid, or remove
For those that don't want to print cards themselves and go with an online distributor, these printers have been used by other Fedora Project members and are happy with them.
(No businesses yet. Add yours!)