DNF rebase to version 2.0.
- Name: Jan Silhan
- Name: Michal Luscon
- Name: Igor Gnatenko
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 26
- Last updated: 2016-09-15
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
DNF-2.0 is the next upcoming major version of DNF package manager. Unfortunately, it brings some incompatibilities with previous version of DNF (DNF-1) which were either needed to preserve compatibility with YUM CLI or where bigger redesigns were needed. A list of identified incompatible changes can be found here.
Benefit to Fedora
New major version of DNF brings many new features and bug fixes. Moreover, the support period of older versions is reaching its end.
- Proposal owners:
- complete release notes
- deliver DNF-2.0 stack to Rawhide
- Other developers:
- Owners of 3rd party DNF plugins or components depending on DNF should check and adjust their packages otherwise they may not work with DNF-2.0.
- Release engineering:
- All release engineering tools that depends on DNF should be tested against DNF-2.0.
Enduser compatibility should be preserved as much as possible. We do not expect any manual user intervention.
How To Test
- early adopters are welcomed to use this COPR repo for testing
- testing scenarios:
- anaconda installation
- upgrade from previous Fedora version
- core functionality: install, upgrade, remove, repoquery
- dnf-plugins: copr, system-upgrade, download
- third party software: mock, yumex
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism:
- revert to DNF-1.1.x (epoch bump)
- revert to DNF-plugins-core-0.1.x (epoch bump)
- revert to DNF-plugins-extras-0.0.x (epoch bump)
- consequent rollback of already ported components
- Contingency deadline: F26 Alpha Freeze
- Blocks release? Yes
Packages that requires dnf, python3-dnf or python2-dnf in Fedora 24
|Package||DNF-2.0 compatibility patch||Status|
|anaconda-core||https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/pull/763||Agreed to merge after DNF release|
|dnf-plugin-system-upgrade||Patch will be provided by DNF team||In progress|
|python-dnf-langpacks||Retired in Fc25|
|python3-dnf-langpacks||Retired in Fc25|
|python3-dnf-plugin-system-upgrade||Patch will be provided by DNF team||In progress|