Change Proposal Name
Update Darktable to new 2.0 major release
- Email: <your email address so we can contact you, invite you to meetings, etc.>
- Release notes owner:
Darktable is one of the most important photo editing in the whole FOSS world. The 2.0 final version is going to be released in a few weeks, and it will be shipped in Fedora 24
Benefit to Fedora
Darktable 2.0's improved support for newer cameras stresses that the FOSS world is a concrete alternative for professional (and not) photographers
- Proposal owners: actually update Darktable package to 2.0 sources.
- Other developers: nothing
- Release engineering: no action required
- Policies and guidelines: no new policy/guideline changes required.
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Upgrade tested. Downgrade from 2.0 to 1.6.x not supported.
How To Test
x86 64bit CPU only.
You are expected to successfully open and edit photos already edited in Darktable 1.6.x
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
The same of Darktable 1.6.x, except for gtk2* that has been replaced with gtk3*
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product