Update Darktable to new 2.0 major release
Darktable is one of the most important photo editing software in the whole FOSS world. The 2.0 final version is going to be released in a few weeks, and it will be shipped in Fedora 24
Benefit to Fedora
Darktable 2.0's improved support for newer cameras stresses that the FOSS world is a concrete alternative for professional (and not) photographers
- Proposal owners: actually update Darktable package to 2.0 sources.
- Other developers: nothing
- Release engineering: no action required
- Policies and guidelines: no new policy/guideline changes required.
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Upgrade tested. Downgrade from 2.0 to 1.6.x not supported.
How To Test
x86 64bit CPU only.
You are expected to successfully open and edit photos already edited in Darktable 1.6.x.
Actually you can test the final release by enabling the COPR repo https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/germano/Darktable_2.0_release_candidate/
You can check the .spec file at https://fedorapeople.org/~germano/darktable.spec
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
The same of Darktable 1.6.x, plus colord-gtk, cups, osmgpsmap, pugixml, and gtk3* that replaced gtk2*
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product