Developer Assistant GUI
The feature aims to provide GUI for devassistant package.
- Name: Petr Hracek
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-07-15
- Percentage of completion: 50%
This feature aims to provide GUI frontend for devassistant package which currently only works on commandline.
Benefit to Fedora
Make development on Fedora easier for beginners who are afraid of/don't want to work with terminal.
- creating wizard for each specific part for devassistant backend
- all information will be taken from devassistant engine
- selecting type of project per language
- specification project path and name
- specification what extension will be used during project generation
- showing log window with all actions in tree dialog
How To Test
Install "devassistant" package, run devassistant-gui and experiment.
Developer Assistant GUI will be GUI tool for faster setting projects based on devassistant backend
Only devassistant package itself.
Do not ship the result if not ready. Since the feature is not required for anything else in the system, there will be no complications if not shipped.
Online documentation for GUI will be accessible at our current documentation site (https://developer-assistant.readthedocs.org), the same generated html documentation will also be accessible in a newly introduced devassistant-docs subpackage.
Developer Assistant GUI feature will provide graphical user interface for generating new projects using devassistant https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DevelopersAssistant . More in-depth release notes will be produced when we actually do the release.