Developer Assistant GUI
The feature aims to provide GUI for devassistant package.
- Name: Petr Hracek
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Name: Bohuslav Kabrda
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-07-15
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
This feature aims to provide GUI frontend for devassistant package which currently only works on commandline.
Benefit to Fedora
Make development on Fedora easier for beginners who are afraid of/don't want to work with terminal.
- Proposal owners:
- creating wizard for each specific part for devassistant backend
- all information will be taken from devassistant engine
- GUI for creating assistants and checking with some yaml checker.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
Install "devassistant" package, run devassistant-gui and experiment.
Developer Assistant GUI will be GUI tool for faster setting projects based on devassistant backend.
Only devassistant package itself.
- Contingency mechanism: None needed
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), No
Online documentation for GUI will be accessible at our current documentation site (https://developer-assistant.readthedocs.org), the same generated html documentation will also be accessible in a newly introduced devassistant-docs subpackage.
Developer Assistant GUI feature will provide graphical user interface for generating new projects using devassistant Features/DevelopersAssistant. More in-depth release notes will be produced when we actually do the release.