Developer Assistant GUI
The feature aims to provide GUI for devassistant package.
- Name: Petr Hracek
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Name: Bohuslav Kabrda
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-07-15
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
DeveloperAssistant GUI is mostly done on the base of facelift discussion.
Current problem is with cancelling of job.
DeveloperAssistant creator GUI not started yet. Start of coding during second half of August.
This feature aims to provide GUI frontend for devassistant package which currently only works on commandline.
Benefit to Fedora
Make development on Fedora easier for beginners who are afraid of/don't want to work with terminal.
- Proposal owners:
- creating wizard for each specific part for devassistant backend
- all information will be taken from devassistant engine
- GUI for creating assistants and checking with some yaml checker.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
Install "devassistant" package, run devassistant-gui and experiment.
Developer Assistant GUI will be GUI tool for faster setting projects based on devassistant backend.
Only devassistant package itself.
- Contingency mechanism: None needed
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), No
Online documentation for GUI will be accessible at our current documentation site (https://developer-assistant.readthedocs.org), the same generated html documentation will also be accessible in a newly introduced devassistant-docs subpackage.
Developer Assistant GUI feature will provide graphical user interface for generating new projects using devassistant Features/DevelopersAssistant. More in-depth release notes will be produced when we actually do the release.