Package the LXQt desktop Environment for Fedora
- Name: Helio Chissini de Castro
- Name: Christoph Wickert
- Name: Raphael Groner (LXQt SIG)
- Name: Rex Dieter
- Name: Than Ngo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Release notes owner:
LXQt is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE, the Lightweight Desktop Environment. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment.
Benefit to Fedora
LXQt will make Fedora more interesting for users who look for a slick and slim desktop environment.
Therefore, look also at the page of the LXQt Special Interest Group (LXQt SIG).
- Proposal owners: LXQt packages already approved and in the system.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- Install LXQt with
dnf groupinstall lxqt
- Select LXQt from the display manager and log in.
- Run Release_validation_test_plan, in particular the Desktop_Acceptance_Test_Cases.
LXQt is a fast and stable desktop environment already usable on production desktops. It will not get in the user's way. It is focused on being a Classic Desktop with a modern Look & Feel.
LXQt depends on some other components already present in Fedora:
- kf5-kwindowsystem library
- polkit-qt5-1 library
- libqtxdg library
- qterminal ( subject to change if decided )
- Openbox Window Manager (current version is sufficient)
- Contingency mechanism: Don't ship LXQt or don't announce it as feature.
- Contingency deadline: Beta Freeze
- Blocks release? No
- Blocks product? None
- Website: http://lxqt.org/
- Blog: http://blog.lxde.org/
- Mailing list: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxde-list
- Source code: https://github.com/LXDE/lxde-qt/
- Bug tracker: https://github.com/LXDE/lxde-qt/issues