|Line 94:||Line 94:|
Revision as of 07:01, 25 June 2018
A Fedora Spin providing an easy way for minishift users to consume fedora as an ISO.
- Name: Praveen Kumar
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name: Gerard Braad
- Email: email@example.com
- Release notes owner: N/A
Minishift provides an easy way to create a single node Openshift cluster for developers and as of now, we have only CentOS and b2d ISO support. It would be great if we can have Fedora ISO support for this project so developers can have latest and greatest container related packages.
Benefit to Fedora
At the moment, there is only CentOS iso we have, by adding Fedora will give developers exposure to cutting-edge packages in container world using an easy to deploy mechanism utlizing Minishift
- Proposal owners: Implement this Change.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering:
- Add spin to spin-kickstarts, ensure spin has been tested, and release with rest of spins
- Ticket: #7584
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval:
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
Test booting and usage of produced media using minishift and see if it able to create VM and deploy openshift.
Users will have a new option for trying out Fedora. Minishift users will get the direct spin to try out.
- Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks product? N/A
Name and Location
"minishift-fedora" on 
Need help using Fedora Minishift?
Help via Chat General help is available in IRC channel #minishift on irc.freenode.net.
For help using IRC, please visit the Fedora IRC how-to
Help via Email
Users and developers are also available on the Minishift List
General help with Fedora is available on the Fedora users' mailing list at [firstname.lastname@example.org https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users]. For guidance on how to interact on Fedora mailing lists, please review the Fedora Mailing List Guidelines.