< Changes | Two Week Atomic
This is a list of specific changes needed for https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/ as a result of Changes/Two_Week_Atomic and making Atomic the primary cloud deliverable.
For Fedora 23 Release
For AFTER Fedora 23
Front getfedora.org Page
- Change Fedora Cloud to Fedora Atomic Host
- Put "Fedora Cloud images" in the "more Fedora!" section
Initial "Brochure" Page
- Change slogan to be Atomic-focused
- Get an updated Atomic-centric quote from Major :)
- Atomic-focused boxes and content
- explaining what Fedora Atomic Host is -- optimized for running containers, etc. NEED COPY
- possibly show two week cycle here?
- link to projectatomic.io
- No more tabs — just Fedora Atomic Host
- Lead containers copy and link to projectatomic.io removed and put one level back, before the download page
- Intro copy:
Fedora Atomic is meant to represent the leading edge of Project Atomic development. These releases showcase that work. They've passed various levels of automated testing, but have not been hand-vetted.
Please test before using new versions in production. If you do discover a problem, the Atomic tools make it easy to flip back to an earlier release — and if that happens, please also help us by [filing bugs] or [submitting fixes].
Fedora Atomic Host images are updated roughly every two weeks, rather than on the main six-month Fedora cadence. Because development is moving quickly, only the latest major Fedora release is supported. See the [Atomic philosophy] for more."
Note that different Fedora Atomic Host media are subject to different levels of automatic testing. We are making continuous improvements to these tests; [click here] to learn about the current test status.
- Need a box showing the specific version / date this was last updated
- Need a link to older releases (in right sidebar?)
- Basic layout is fine
- Cloud SIG should discuss ordering of qcow downloads vs. vagrant vs. ec2 launch
- The sidebar ISO download should be moved to something like "Installer for Atomic on bare metal" (CLOUD WG NEEDS TO DECIDE ON SUPPORT LEVEL FOR THIS)
- Actual EC2 IDs and specific hyperlinks need to be automatically provided rather than manually (NEEDS PROGRAMMING)
"Looking for a traditional, non-Atomic Fedora base image for running in OpenStack, EC2, or other cloud environments?" Link to cloud.fedoraproject.org.
"Fedora Atomic Host is optimized for running containers. Pull down content with the
atomic command. If you want to download a base container image directly..." Link to containers.fedoraproject.org
New cloud.fedoraproject.org page
- like arm.fedoraproject.org
- Focus on "fedora running in the cloud"
- downloads for Cloud Base image (and EC2 click-to-launch) <- also NEEDS PROGRAMMING for automatic updates
- possible future home for Fedora Server cloud images, etc.
new containers.fedoraproject.org page
- like arm.fedoraproject.org
- Docker base image lives here
- future links to layered images?
- future rkt or other-format containers