The X2Go project has taken over development of the old NX libraries and has developed new clients and server code around it. We will move to use the X2Go NX library in Fedora and include the full X2Go suite.
- Name: Orion Poplawski
- Email: orion at nwra dot com
- IRC: orionp
- Release notes owner: <To be assigned by docs team>
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-7-15
- Tracker bug: <will be assigned by the Wrangler>
The current nx package in Fedora is based on the last open source release from NoMachine. NoMachine is no longer developing nx as an open source project. The X2Go project has taken the nx code and is maintaining it as well as developing new client and server code around it.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will contain a maintained, secure remote desktop/application access solution that works well over slower Internet connections.
- Review the new nx-libs package which will replace the current nx package.
- Confirm that existing packages that use nx work with the new package (if they worked before).
- Review and include the rest of the X2Go suite:
Should be transparent. Packages will be obsoleted and replaced as needed.
How To Test
For a server, install x2goserver.
For a client, install x2goclient.
Run x2goclient and connect to your server.
We could perhaps revive the old nx package (with epoch bump if necessary), but this seems unlikely.
To be completed by the Change Freeze!