This ibus-libpinyin release includes new features for English input and Table input.
- Name: Peng Wu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 37
- Last updated: 2022-10-19
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: #2843
- Tracker bug: #2114336
- Release notes tracker: #870
The ibus-libpinyin package contains two new features for English input and Table input.
- When user inputs some English words, the English word will be listed in the candidates.
- After user imports a custom table file, they can use the table mode to input the phrases defined by the custom table file.
Benefit to Fedora
The two new features will improve English input and Table input when using the "Intelligent Pinyin" input method.
- Proposal owners:
- Release ibus-libpinyin 1.13
- Update the Fedora ibus-libpinyin package to version 1.13.0
- Other developers:
- Release engineering: #Releng issue number
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Objectives:
How To Test
When user input some English word, the English word will display in the candidate list.
- Choose some frequent English word, try to input the word in pinyin mode, the word may appear in the candidate list.
- Input some English word with initial capital letter, the input method will switch to English input mode automatically.
Some user wants to use table input like Wubi86 table in ibus-libpinyin, this feature can import one table input method and support some subset feature of the table input method.
After user imported some table file, press 'u' or 'U', it will use the content of the table file to input the phrase.
Here are the detailed steps:
- Read the table file format description in the setup dialog
- Prepare the table file and import the table file in the setup dialog
- Press "u" to switch to table input mode
- Input some character by table code defined in the imported table file
The two features will speed up English input and table input in "Intelligent Pinyin" input method.
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
Revert the ibus-libpinyin package to the last stable version.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
The ibus-libpinyin package will make English input and Table input in the "Intelligent Pinyin" input method easier.