Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.3.x
- Targeted release: Fedora 30
- Last updated: 2018-10-10
- Tracker bug: #1638133
- Release notes tracker: #221
Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.3.x.
- First RC was released on Sept 13th
- PHP 7.3.0 is planed for end of year, which seems compatible with Fedora roadmap.
Compatibility for PHP code is very good.
Benefit to Fedora
Provides the latest PHP version to developers and system administrators.
- Proposal owners: Check Koschei status. Test with latest version to ensure compatibility. Work with upstream on bug fixing. Needed mass rebuild (C extensions) done by change owner.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering:
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- The PHP stack (extensions and libraries) are monitored by Koschei, see the Koschei PHP group
- install and play with your web applications
Developers and system administrators will have the great benefit or running the latest PHP version.
All php-* packages (and some *-php)
- Contingency mechanism: Drop not compatible packages.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product