The Fedora Cloud SIG works to make Fedora successful on all major cloud platforms, public and private.
- Join: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/cloud
- Archives: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/
Fedora Cloud folks hang out on irc.freenode.net at #fedora-cloud.
Meetings are held weekly on Thursdays, 2100 UTC on #fedora-meeting (currently 1700 Eastern US daylight time (UTC-4)).
Upcoming meeting agenda
Next meeting: 2010/07/29 - 2100 UTC (5pm Eastern), in #fedora-meeting.
- EC2 feature status
- OpenStack packaging status update. Swift package
- Trac instance
- Add your agenda item here.
- 7/29/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 7/22/2010: Minutes | [ http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-07-22/cloud.2010-07-22-21.00.log.html Full Log]
- 7/15/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 7/8/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 7/1/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 6/24/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 6/3/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 5/20/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 5/6/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 4/29/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 4/15/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 3/25/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 3/18/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 3/4/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 2/18/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 2/11/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- 2/4/2010: Minutes | Full Log
- Can start working on this now with local xen testing - we can test and tune the ks file on rhel 5.3 or newer hosts.
- Testing without ec2 requires a xen host - once you have a xen host, you can create an image with appliance-tools using the kickstart file from huff.
- Need to get location of file from huff. Please link it here!
- Boot image, make sure it works, look for critical packages, report back if things are needed or something doesn't work (or does work).
- Need to identify list of critical packages
- Need to identify place for people to list their test results - GOOD OR BAD
- Start by documenting how to boot an image from EC2 - ami-988b60f1 is an example, document the use of it, and we change the names to the official release when it is ready.
- amazon documentation should be linked off the ec2 login page - can be a good reference point. (rbergeron, 21:17:43)
- need separate docs for publishing to ec2, and booting an image from ec2. But booting and using is the more important, and one that can be worked on now (in fact testers can use it for testing instructions)