The Fedora Cloud SIG works to make Fedora successful on all major cloud platforms, public and private.
Looking for Fedora EC2 information?
A list of currently supported AMIs is maintained here
Joining and participating in the Cloud SIG
We don't have a formalized join process. Signing up on the mailing list, coming to Cloud SIG meetings, and joining our IRC channel are good ways to get involved. If you're interested in helping out with packaging, see the Current Projects section on this wiki page.
- Join: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/cloud
- Archives: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/cloud/
Fedora Cloud folks hang out on irc.freenode.net at #fedora-cloud.
Haven't used IRC for communication before? More information on how to use IRC is available here.
We have a weekly meeting on IRC. See the Cloud SIG meetings page for more information.
Fedora 16 Plans
Cloud Features in Fedora 16
Planned cloud-related features for Fedora 16 are listed here.
- The date of the Fedora 16 test day is currently TBD.
- Results of the Fedora 15 test day can be seen here.
What we're working on
There are a number of folks from various projects participating in the Cloud SIG. The projects are listed below:
- Documentation: Publishing_image_to_EC2
- Getting openstack-nova into Fedora.
- Getting openstack-swift updated to 1.3.0
- Sheepdog: Sheepdog Feature page, Sheepdog project page
- Aeolus Conductor
Interested in helping out with packaging? Feel free to grab a package from any of the projects you see here. If you're not sure what to work on, feel free to drop a note to our mailing list. If you're not a packager yet, or still need help, we can help out with that on the mailing list as well, or you can read the package maintainers page for more information.