- 1 CommOps Workshop, Flock 2016
CommOps Workshop, Flock 2016
- Thursday, August 4th, 2016, 13:30 - 15:30 UTC+2
- Flock 2016
- Opolska 14A, Kraków, Poland - Monet room
- Google Maps: Hotel Best Western Premier
Flock is Fedora's annual contributor conference. It's described as the following: Flock, now in its fourth year, is a conference for Fedora contributors to come together, discuss new ideas, work to make those ideas a reality, and continue to promote the core values of the Fedora community: Freedom, Friends, Features, and First.
This year, for the first time ever, CommOps will be hosting its own workshop to tackle existing tasks and project items, offer a place for the community to add their own ideas and wishes for what they would like to see, and planning for the future growth of our sub-project. Flock offers a unique venue to do this as it brings together multiple people from different areas of Fedora in the same rooms. This is a great place for us to take advantage of the combined people power to accomplish tasks that would be hard otherwise.
The workshop will be designed to also try to keep remote contributors in mind, where possible, over IRC and possibly other means.
To help organize thoughts and ideas on the workshop in a public and open manner, this page will serve as the planning area for the workshop as well as the "itinerary" of events for how the workshop will be structured on the day of the event.
CommOps members attending
Other project members attending
Interested remote members
Open brainstorming up to all members on the list, generate some discussion on what CommOpsers would like to see at the workshop. Round up tickets, action items, or other tasks to have as supplementary to the workshop. Create a (general) "order of events" for how the workshop should be structured and focused. Create any deliverables needed for the workshop (e.g. short presentation, helpful resources for attendees, CommOps 101??).
- Announce the workshop on CommOps list, possibly others?
Travel to Poland…
- 13:30 - 13:40: Welcomes, introductions, general Q&A
- 13:40 - ???:
Retrospective: We could have planned the timeline for the workshop a little better. Bee and I knew what we wanted to stick to (roughly 1 hour, 15 minutes for on-boarding, 45 minutes for all other business), but it could have maybe used a little more shaping.
Ideas / Brainstorming
- Unique advantage of Flock is having different sub-project leads / members together in the same space. Taking advantage of this, possible for on-boarding type of discussions, could be useful.
- Future-facing discussions would be a good idea to focus on in this time. It was mentioned in a previous meeting to consider using Flock as a time to map out some details on a FAD / vFAD for late 2016 / 2017.
- Incorporating community participation will be fundamental. Do we want to contact certain contributors and ask if they will be able to attend and offer representation as part of a sub-project (keeping in mind other workshops happening at the same time)?
- What other major areas do we want to focus on?
- Creating a badge for this event might be helpful and fun to encourage participation.
- Big Etherpad o' Planning
- Current slides
- Council presentation slides by decause
- Example badge-a-thon at RIT
- 2016-07-24: Use this week as review for existing material (???)
- 2016-07-31: jflory7 and bee2502 depart for Flock
- 2016-08-04: Deliver workshop
- jflory7's Flock 2016 blog post
- Community Blog post coming soon…