Random ideas that we don't want to forget
- Reward the true open source partners
- Information should be relevent, standardized, transparent.
- development -> test -> production.
- make d -> t faster, better.
- make p have fewer problems, supportable and scalable.
- community consulting in d, t drives value and makes revenue in p acceptable.
- otherwise, p is a commodity and we lose.
- leverage open source in non-differentiating areas.
- podcasts/tv/etc in local languages
- localized spins at every show
- publications (again localized)
- ambassadors newsletter
- local language portals for ambassadors
- revenue vs. bookings
- gross margin
- single year bookings
- gross margins -- software vs. services
- knock down barriers
- infrastructure of participation
- weekend projects
- sustainability of models
- Fedora = Get There, RHEL = Stay There
- For any sufficiently advanced computer problem, Linux always provides greatest option value.
OPEN SOURCE FUNDAMENTALS
- option value and modularity
- strong community
- overlap of user and developer
- user driven innovation
- fedora, firefox
COMMUNITY CONSULTING ENGAGEMENT MODEL
- What we do
- Who we serve
- How we get value
- How that value is useful to the rest of the company
- Community coaching