Council meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run a Council IRC meeting. Many of the steps here could well apply to other groups that hold regular IRC meetings as well.
6. Generate an email to the email@example.com list with the following template:
Schedule for Monday's Fedora Council Meeting (2021-01-25)
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the Council meeting Monday at 17:00UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net. To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto or run: date -d '2021-01-25 17:00 UTC' FIX If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/council, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Day of meeting
1. Generate a text file from the following template:
#startmeeting Council (2021-01-25) #meetingname council #chair mattdm jkurik jwb cwickert rdieter langdon decause #topic Introductions, Welcomes #topic Today's Agenda #topic next topic... ... #topic Open Floor #endmeeting
You can copy and paste in lines from this file as the meeting progresses.
1. Use the lines up to 'init process' to start the meeting.
2. Wait a few for people to show up.
3. Go through each topic. Watch time on each and if 15 minutes are reached, ask if people want to keep discussing that topic or move on.
2. Process through tickets comment/close them as appropriate.