Fedora Events: Developer Conference, Brno, Czech Republic
- an Open conference for all Linux and JBoss Developers, Admins and Linux users organized by Red Hat Czech Republic
- Presentations will be held by Red Hat, Fedora and JBoss users and developers
- The conference has free entrance, no registration needed
- For questions, please contact RadekVokal, MarekMahut or Jiri Eischmann
- Check out DeveloperConference2011 and photos for last year event
- Please register to get a free t-shirt and entrance to after party
When and Where
- February 17 - February 18, 2012 (Friday, Saturday)
- Faculty of Informatics at Masaryk University (google maps) (openstreetmap.org)
- Botanická 68a, Brno
- Brno, Czech Republic
- Main entrance to the building
- Lecture rooms location
- Sign up with your talk!
- The conference will be split into two parts - talks and labs.
- Talks (in a lecture rooms for apx 80ppl) - 45 minutes each, topics should be highly technical, don't hesitate to get into details
- Labs (in a smaller rooms with/without computers) - 1 hour 30 minutes each, focus on practical presentaions, hands on, hack sessions etc
|subject||language||Lab or Talk||description|
|Software robot competitions around the world and our way||CZ||Talk||Overview of various software robot competitions and announce of our own|
- Hotel Avanti - closest hotel, 5-10 minutes of walking to University
- Hotel Vista (formerly known as hotel Imos) - cheaper option, apx 20minutes by public transport far from University
to Brno, Czech Republic
Brno is located within two hours by car from three European capitals (Prague, Vienna, and Bratislava), but you can fly directly to Brno as well:
- Brno (BRQ, 0.5 million passengers transported a year) - connections to London-Stansted (Ryanair), London-Luton (Wizz Air), Bergamo, Italy (Ryanair), Rome (Wizz Air), Prague (Czech Airlines/SkyTeam), Moscow-Domodedovo, St. Petersburg (CCA), Moscow-Vnukovo (Yakutia Airlines, UTair Aviation). Smart Wings provide seasonal flights to various destinations in Greece and Spain.
- Prague (PRG, 13 mil.) - 210 km from Brno, 50 airlines serve flights to over 120 destinations. Student Agency buses go from the airport to Brno every hour (3 hours, CZK 250/€10). Flight pricing examples (roundtrips 2 months in advance, for the summer 2011):
- New York (JFK) - (direct flight with Delta) € 826,
- London (LHR) – (via Frankfurt with Lufthansa) € 150,
- Madrid (MAD) – (via Dusseldorf with Lufthansa) € 150.
- Vienna (VIE, 18 mil.) - 150 km from Brno, about 70 airlines serve flights to many destinations all over the world. Student Agency buses go from the airport to Brno every other hour (2.5 hours, CZK 310/€ 13). Flight pricing examples (roundtrips 2 months in advance, for the summer 2011):
- New York (JFK) – (via Moscow with Aeroflot) € 843,
- London (LHR) – (direct flight with Austrian Airlines) € 126,
- Mandrid (MAD) – (direct flight with Air Berlin) € 144.
- Bratislava (BTS, 2 mil.) - 130 km from Brno, 7 airlines serve regular flights to over 30 destinations, there is a hub of Ryanair (cheap flights to many European cities). There is no direct connection between the airport and Brno. Trains (€ 7, 1.5 hour) and buses (€ 9, 2 hours) go to Brno from the city center every hour.
Brno has good train connections to several European cities and train is the fastest and most convenient means of transportation between big cities in the region. All intercity trains arrive and depart at the main stations which is a hub of public transport in the city.
- Prague – trains between Prague and Brno go hourly, 2.5 hours, € 6.5-13,
- Vienna – trains between Vienna Meidling and Brno go every other hour, 2 hours, € 9,
- Bratislava – from Bratislava Hlavna Stanica hourly, 1.5 hour, € 7,
- Budapest – from Budapest-Keleti pu several trains every day, 5 hours, € 19,
- Warsaw – from Warszawa Centralna several times every day (usually one connection), 7 hours, € 29
- Berlin – from Berlin Hauptbahnhof several trains every day, 7.5 hours, € 39.
Brno is part of the European bus network and all connections and their prices are similar to trains. Most buses arrive to Brno-Zvonarka, only Student Agency buses arrive to Grand Hotel. Student Agency (http://www.studentagency.eu/) and Eurolines (http://www.eurolines.com/) provide buses to many European cities.
Brno is well-connected to other cities by highways. You can get easily to neighboring countries by car. Travel time examples:
- Prague – 210 km, 2 hours,
- Bratislava – 130 km, 1.3 hour,
- Vienna – 143 km, 1.8 hour,
- Budapest – 326 km, 3 hours,
- Munich – 587 km, 5.3 hours,
- Berlin – 555 km, 5.2 hours.
Parking lots are available right in the university campus where the conference would take place.
From Main railway station take tram #1 (towards Řečkovice). Get off the tram on 5th stop - Hrnčířská (after apx 10minutes). Take the street on the left - Hrnčířská - up and after apx 300 meters the building on your right hand is the University.
From Main bus station (Zvonařka) take bus number 60, get off on second stop - Nové Sady (apx 2minutes). Take tram #1 towards Řečkovice. After two stops you are on the Main railway station, follow instructions above.
From Česká street (City center) take trolley 32 (towards Královo pole) for 4 stops and get off on stop Botanická right in front of the main University building.