Discontinued Spins Process
When a spin is no longer being maintained the Spins SIG needs to do some clean up.
Determining if a spin is discontinued
A spin should be considered discontinued if any of the following apply:
- The previous spin maintainer has announce their intention to no longer maintain it and two weeks have gone by without a volunteer to take over the maintenance.
- The spin has not completed the recurring spin process by feature freeze.
What needs to be done for a discontinued spin
- The kickstart file should be removed from the git master branch.
- The spin wiki page should be checked to make sure that the link to the kickstart file for the last release links to an appropriate branch of the spin-kickstarts repository.
- It should also have a link to a version of the wiki page appropriate for the previous release that is labelled with the release name.
- There should be a prominent notice that the spin is discontinued as of the next release.
- The design team (email@example.com) should be notified so that the user oriented spins pages can be updated.