Fedora Free Media Program Information
Fedora Free Media Program is a volunteer initiative under Fedora Distribution Project that aims to distribute Fedora Core media (DVDs) for free to individuals. Local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors are invited to participate.
- 2006-02-14 Fedora Free Media Program launched.
Relationship with Fedora Ambassadors
- Free Media was originally created by concerned members of the Fedora Ambassadors Project in an effort to deliver Fedora installation media to more users.
- The Free Media and Sponsored Media programs work directly with Fedora Ambassadors to advance the spread of Fedora.
- The Ambassadors Project supports the Free Media program and works to provide free Fedora installation media to those who could not otherwise afford it.
- The Ambassadors Project laid the groundwork for the Free Media program from a desire to spread Fedora to as many people as possible.
- Limit to only 1 DVD per request per person per release to cut cost and time.
- Please note this is a volunteer initiative by local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors who are willing to burn DVDs and ship them with their own resources (DVD writer, blank media, shipping materials and postage).
- This means they can only ship a limited number of DVDs per week. You can expect them to send out an average of 2 DVDs a week.
- Your Free Media request might not be fulfilled at this time as this program depends on their own time and expenses.
- If you're a Fedora Ambassador or Fedora Contributor, you will not receive any DVD via this program.
- Please note we can't ship media to U.S. embargoed or restricted destinations. See Fedora Export Control Product Matrix
- Fedora x86 DVD and x86 LiveCD
How the Program Works
- When a user submits a request for a DVD or LiveCD via the Free Media Request form, the request will be sent to a mailing list.
- When the request reaches the mailing list, it will be reviewed and discussed among members of the list.
- Each member in the list will be responsible to fulfill the Free Media Request for your country.
- You may also accept requests from other countires other than your country.
- If you accept the request, please type I accept this request in the body when you reply to the request.
- It's not necessary but if you wish to confirm the request to the user, please remove the instruction from the body to avoid the confusion.
- IMPORTANT Please do not change the original subject in the email as we track all requests by the subject thread.
- To participate in this program, see Contributors .