(→Communications during the event: Clarified frequencies)
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
! Amateur Radio
! Amateur Radio
| 145.550MHz (simplex) or 145.640 (- 600kHz
| 145.550MHz (simplex) or 145.640 (- 600kHz)<br>146.550MHz (simplex) or 146.640 (- 600kHz)
Revision as of 13:57, 19 March 2014
This is the main page for Docs Project 2014 FAD, which is a FAD focused on Fedora Documentation.
- 1 Purpose / Meeting Topics
- 2 Proposed Agenda
- 3 Communications during the event
- 4 Physical location
- 5 Contacts
- 6 Planning Prerequisites
- 7 Plan
- 8 Logistics
- 9 Budget
- 10 The Plan
- 11 Participants
- 12 Budget
Purpose / Meeting Topics
- Develop a plan to put a new build system with Publican3/Publican4 into production
- Make sure everyone is comfortable with using Publican 3.x and the new build system for publishing.
- Work on updating any old information in our guides and making sure the recent onslaught of new features haven't been missed.
- Work on training materials for new contributors.
- Firm up SOPs on wiki and get them into the Documentation Guide
- Discuss presentation of short-form content, ie tutorials
- New Fedora Distro (ie Fedora.Next)
- Discuss enabling community participartion
- Refine mentor process?
- Recruiting new writers
- Maybe youtube tutorials?
Friday 9AM EST/2PM Brno
- 09:00 - 10:00 EST - Introductions, schedule overview
- 10:00 - 12:00 EST - discussion on alternative documentation products
- 12:00 - 14:00 EST - Fedora.next impact and docs strategy
- 14:00 - 15:00 EST - Recruitment strategy
- 15:00 - 17:00 EST - check over Docs wiki pages, assign out for rewrite
- 18:00-20:00 EST - publishing via publican - best chance to catch rudi if required?
Saturday 9AM EST/2PM Brno
- 9:00 - 10:00 EST Follow up on publishing
- 10:00 - 12:00 EST - Mentoring process
- 12:00 - 14:00 EST - proofread Documentation Guide, assign rewriters
- 14:00 - 18:00 EST - Guide status review, Guide proofreading.
Sunday 9AM EST/2PM Brno
- 09:00 - 18:00 EST - Guide hacking, follow up on wiki/docs-guide assignments
Communications during the event
|Video Chat||Bluejeans (Contact Sparks if you wish to join)|
|Mailing List||docs - Main Docs Project mailing list|
|Amateur Radio|| Brno - 145.550MHz (simplex) or 145.640 (- 600kHz)|
Raleigh - 146.550MHz (simplex) or 146.640 (- 600kHz)
|Raleigh||Shadowman Room (9th Floor)|
See the How to organize a FAD list; you can keep your to-do list here.
Completed work item
Work out budget
Decide on Dates and Location
- Arrange Refreshments
- Location: Brno, CZ (Red Hat Office) & Raleigh, NC (Red Hat Tower)
- Date: 21 March - 23 March, 2014
- Schedule TBD
Snacks/Beverages: Details go here.
Lunch: Details go here.
Dinner: Details go here.
If you want funding from Red Hat, ask the Community Architecture team. If you can find other ways to fund your FAD, that's great too!
|Contributor||Dept||Arrv||Dept||Arrv||Cost||Hotel Y/N and Price per Night|
|Eric Christensen||Thur, 10:55 from Wash DC||Thur, 16:42 to Raleigh||Mon, 08:54 from Raleigh||Mon, 15:14 to Wash DC||~$104 (Amtrak)||Y|
|Guillermo Gómez||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||Ticket cost||Y|
|Christopher Antila||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||CAD$500 (guess)||Y|
|Pete Travis||THU, early||THU, late||MON, early||MON, late||Currently ~$450||Y|
|Laura Novich||Thu 7AM by air TLV--->Vienna||Thu 1530 bus from Vienna||Mon 1930||Tue 0355||Currently 360USD air+33 Euro bus fare||Y 115 Euro/Night|
|Name||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||Ticket cost||Y/N|
- Travel: $1850 for airfare, bus, train, etc. funding needed to get attendees to the FAD
- Housing: $2200 for hotel, etc. needed to have attendees sleep during the FAD
- Space: $0 for renting space to hack in, if applicable
- address and travel details for the space
- Supplies: $D for anything else you may need
Total budget: $4050+C+D
Because it's expensive to fly people over the ocean we'll have two FADs simultaneously linked by video and data feeds. The two sites will be Brno, CZ and Raleigh, NC. Rudi may also look into linking the Brisbane office and involving people there.
http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en_GB/hotels/Czech-Republic/Brno/hotel-barcelo-brno-palace/general-description.aspx was recommended - special Red Hat Rate
Food and Beverages
Flights into RDU airport. Transportation from there to the hotel and office?
Amtrak has a station nearby (walking distance to the office).
There is a nearby hotel that is two blocks from Red Hat Towers. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rdumc-raleigh-marriott-city-center/
Food and Beverages
- Jaromír Hradílek
- Petr Kovar
- Petr Bokoč
- Yoana Ruseva
- Laura Novich - provided I get some funding
- Jaroslav Reznik
- Jaroslav Škarvada
- Eric "Sparks" Christensen - Car
- Jared Smith - Car (with Sparks)
- Pete Travis - air (6-9h)
- Nick Bebout - air