Docs Project guide goals for F16
Below are the goals for the Docs Project guides for Fedora 16. If you want to help, please refer to the Guides Table. From there, you can find a partner for owned guides in progress and find guides in need of adoption.
Amateur Radio Guide
Burning ISO images to disc Guide
- Update the “Printer Configuration” chapter
- Update the “X Window System” chapter
- Update the “OProfile” chapter
- Update the “Services and Daemons” chapter with regards to the systemd init daemon
Fedora Live Images
Fix BZ#693635 re. choosing the right architecture for Macs.- In repo --Nathant 19:15 01 September 2011 (UTC)
Fix BZ#709446 re. instructions for installing to hard disk in fallback mode.In repo --Nathant 11:37 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Installation Quick Start Guide
Managing Confined Services
- See the bottom/end of the Guide's Revision_History.xml file for the most accurate list of things to do, and things still to be done.
- crantila is rewriting chapters 12 and 13 (LilyPond and Frescobaldi), so please don't spend time on them.
- All other chapters could use thorough proof-reading, copy-editing, and somebody (who isn't me) to try the tutorials. Much of the Guide still reads like this: To make Rosegarden take commands from another MIDI device, you'll need to connect its output ports to Rosegarden's input ports. I don't know what they are for yet.
- Bugs 665662 and 622168 are long-term goals.
- Looking for a quick way to be helpful? Choose something that isn't ch.12 or ch.13, and start revising!
- Please work on the Fedora 16 draft, because many things have already changed since the Fedora 15 publication.
- A complete rewrite of the outdated Fedora RPM Guide
Power Management Guide
Resource Management Guide
- Policy Kit
- Securing Grid services
- Smart Card
- Confined Users
- Sandbox In progress --Sparks 00:08, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Software Managemente Guide
- KDE GUI (kpackagekit)
Storage Administration Guide
- A new lead/owner is needed. They may find this howto and checklist used for F14 useful:
Update 'Tour of the GNOME desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 12:45, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Connecting to the Internet' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 19:16, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Accessing the Web' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 08:45, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Communications' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:00, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Customizing the desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:00, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Financial Software' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:05, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Managing Software' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:35, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Media' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:54, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Office Tools' for GNOME 3 and LibreOffice.In repo --Nathant 11:15, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Playing Games' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 19:05, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Playing Multimedia' for GNOME 3, remove CD/DVD Creator.In repo --Nathant 19:35, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Sharing your desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 20:00, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Add instructions for updating the system using GUI tools to 'Managing Software'.
- Update 'Printing' for GNOME 3 -- bcotton