Docs Project lead: Susan Lauber Team Members are needed.
Goal: to assist with page naming, page categories, style guide, and general proofreading. There are three major groups of pages.
The Packaging Guide with controlled access in the Packaging namespace.
|Move Packaging/* to Packaging: namespace||done|
|Move Packaging: IRC logs and Meeting Minutes to Meeting: namespace||ready for wikibot. See ticket||Packaging.psv file|
|Renaming remaining pages to be searchable||ready for wikibot. See ticket||Packaging.psv file|
|Add a category to Packaging meeting minutes to be moved||Checking to see if wikibot can do this.||Category:Packaging committee with minutes and logs in subcategories Category:Packaging meeting minutes and Category:Packaging meeting logs
(new logs and meetings should use Meeting namespace, natural language, and category)
|Place remaining pages in a category.||Checking to see if wikibot can do this.||The existing [[:Category:Packaging_guidelines_and_policies]] has been changed to Category:Packaging_best_practices which is already a sub cat of Category:Packaging.|
|Look for and remove any header1 (h1) headers||See Help:Editing for more style tips|
|Move guide to CMS? Or find other plan to ease the draft -> approval process||waiting on new CMS decision||A test case of Zikula is being set up. Other options listed in CMS_solution_for_Fedora_Project_websites|
|Translate guide?||current tools would require moving from wiki to XML.|
Packaging Guide Drafts
The Packaging Guide Drafts where anyone can contribute. Most pages are currently named PackagingDrafts/*
|Identify which drafts are active and which can be moved to archive||Mostly done. Need page contributor feedback for many.||Please add to Packaging Drafts wiki renaming and activity matrix|
|Add active pages to a category||mostly done||Moving forward with Category:Packaging guidelines drafts which is a sub to Category:Draft Documentation and Category:Packaging committee and Category:Packaging guidelines|
|Add instructions/workflow info to the drafts category page||done||It is up to FPC to make additional changes.|
|Rename pages to a searchable format||mostly done||See Help:Wiki_structure for naming guidelines and packagingdrafts.psv and if related to an existing guide coordinate with that new name.|
|Look into sub categories for more organization|
Package Maintainer pages
Related documentation and tips for Package Maintainers. These files are mostly named PackageMaintainers/*
|Place all pages in Category:Package Maintainers||done||Need to spread the word so new pages get this category.|
|rename pages to be more searchable or archive||done. Ticket closed. See ticket||packagemaintainers.psv|
|Move content and trim down PackageMaintainers into the Category:Package Maintainers page.||Done|
|Add additional categories or sub categories||if needed|
|review pages for style (ie removal of h1)||ongoing||see Help:Editing|
- PSV files are hosted in the wikirename git repository
- Pages can be renamed with the move button at the top of each page. The psv files are used by wikibot for a mass renaming. Either method will take care of all redirects.
- Category:Fonts is considered by the wiki team to be a good example of how Categories can be used to organize pages.
- abadger1999 is doing similar work with infrastructure and release engineering SOPs
- quaid and the docs project pages are also waiting on wikibot
- Going forward:
- new pages should follow guidelines
- categories should be used
- pages will continue to redirect but new references should point to the new page
- Be aware that the redirect does NOT currently change the URL in the browser. When linking to pages in the future, get the correct page name from the page itself. (The URL will continue to redirect but it is cleaner to go direct) There is an open ticket related to this issue.