Riak, a scalable and reliable data store, is available in Fedora 15.
Riak is a Dynamo-inspired key/value store, written in Erlang, that scales predictably and easily. Riak also simplifies development by giving developers the ability to quickly prototype, test, and deploy their applications.
A truly fault-tolerant system, Riak has no single point of failure. No machines are special or central in Riak, so developers and operations professionals can decide exactly how fault-tolerant they want and need their applications to be.
has been updated to version 5.5.8. Included are improved scalability and performance. From the release announcement: "Higher availability: New semi-synchronous replication and Replication Heart Beat improve failover speed and reliability."
- Built-in replication based on log shipping.ster with multiple read-only slave servers
- Easier database object permissions management
- Broadly enhanced stored procedure support
- More advanced reporting queries
- New trigger features
- Deferrable unique constraints
- Mass updates to unique keys are now possible without trickery
- Exclusion constraints
- New and enhanced security features
- New high-performance implementation of the LISTEN/NOTIFY feature
- New implementation of VACUUM FULL
- New contrib module pg_upgrade to support in-place upgrades from 8.3 or 8.4 to 9.0
- Multiple performance enhancements for specific types of queries, including elimination of unnecessary joins
- EXPLAIN enhancements
- hstore improvements