The GNOME Software application installer (the gnome-software package), which was first introduced in Fedora 20, is now more integrated in the system and provides additional functionality. Notable new features include:
- Installing application add-ons is now supported.
- The application now shows more package metadata such as screenshots or ratings.
- The tool has been turned into a session service, which allows it to check for available system updates automatically even when the application itself has not been launched by the user. This functionality was previously provided by the gnome-settings-daemon service.
- You can now create and customize application folders using the application installer.
- The hawkey library is now used to query and resolve package dependencies.
See the Application Installer Continued wiki page for more information.
(Notes, do not publicanize)