Documentation Development Beat
This section covers various development tools and features.
Prior version of Fedora shipped with the now unsupported Mono 2. Fedora 23 jumps to the version 4, allowing Fedora to package application that rely on newer versions of the runtime, such as monodevelop. More information is available in the mono release notes http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/.
Fedora 23 Will include Boost 1.58.0 or later, pushing to 1.59 More can be found ttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F23Boost159
Python 3 default
Fedora 23 Will include python 3 by default instead of Python 2. More can be found https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python_3_as_Default
Perl 5.22 will be the default version of Perl in Fedora 23 More can be found https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/perl5.22
Mono will be updated to version 4 in Fedora 23. Upstream documentation about Mono 4 can be found http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/4.0.0/ and the Change in Fedora 23 can be found: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Mono_4
Fedora 23 is built on GCC 5.1.1. For information on building your own code with this compiler release, refer to the upstream change info at https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/changes.html
Fedora 23 provides version 2.22 of the GNU C libraries. Learn about the changes available in the latest version of glibc from the project's release announcement at https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-08/msg00609.html
Fedora 23 has boost 1.59.0 as the provided version of boost. More Information on the change can be found https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F23Boost159 and http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_59_0/
Eclipse in Fedora has had a major update to the Mars (4.5) release. Some key new features in this release include:
- Brand new Docker tooling for managing your Docker containers and images.
- Support for the git flow branching model within the IDE.
- A new Launch Bar for C/C++ projects that highly simplifies launching your projects either on the local machine or on a remote device.
- Many dark theme improvements that enhances the look and feel of Eclipse when using the dark GTK theme variant.
Full details of the release are available in the upstream projects' release notes, which are available from the following locations:
- Eclipse Platform and Java Tooling: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.5/
- Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn87
- Eclipse Linux Tools: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/News/NewIn40
- Eclipse Git Support: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/New_and_Noteworthy/4.0