- Python 3.5 will be the default Python environment. This is an upgrade from 3.4 which was included in Fedora 23.
- New Syntax Features
- New library modules like typing and zipapp
- New built in features like memoryview that supports tuple indexing
- CPython improvements
- Standard library improvements
- Security Updates - Improvements
- Improvements in Windows, such as: a new Windows installer and Windows builds use Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0
The version of Mono in Fedora 24 is 4.2.1, noteable changes are:
- More integration of Microsoft Open Source Code
- PPDB Debugging support
- New Implementation of threadpool
- Bugfixes, and runtime optimizations
Ruby will be upgraded to 2.3 in Fedora 24.
- A safe navigation operator also known as a lonely operator
- The did_you_mean gem is bundled in Ruby 2.3
- RubyVM::InstructionSequence#to_binary and .load_from_binary are introduced as experimental features
- Multiple performance enhancements
- Changes the python-suds package to use the fork maintained by Jurko Gospodnetic. This change brings a more modern Suds to Fedora, including Python 3 support and various bug fixes.