avrdude has been updated from 5.8 to 5.10. The new release includes support for additional part numbers as well as a number of additional programmers.
- 5.9 changes - http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2010-01/msg00071.htm
- 5.10 changes - http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2010-01/msg00092.html
piklab has been updated to version 0.15.7.
Major changes include:
- Support for PICkit2V2 has been removed
- ICD2 support has been greatly improved, including support for dsPIC33 devices
- Toolchain and programmer selection have been moved to the project manager
and much more.
For complete details, refer to the Piklab change log at http://piklab.sourceforge.net/changelog.php.
mcu8051ide has been upgraded to version 1.3.3. In addition to bugfixes, this release includes the following new features:
- RS232/UART debugger, tool intended for debugging in real hardware applications
- Symbol list (added on the right panel)
- Assembler has now support for assigning register names to constants. So since this version you can write code like this:
ABC EQU R0 MOV ABC, #55h ; <- This will be compiled as "MOV R0, #55h
Fedora 13 includes gnusim8085 version 1.3.6. This new release is now internationalized, and includes a number of usability improvements and new features. For a complete description, refer to the announcement at https://launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+announcement/5242.
avr-binutils has been updated to 2.20. There are a number of new features as well as bug fixes. Refer to the project's NEWS file for details at http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/binutils/NEWS?rev=1.87&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=src&only_with_tag=binutils-binutils-2_20.
avr-gcc has been updated to 4.3.3, along with avr-gcc-c++. Refer to the gcc section under Developers in this document for the details of this upgrade.