- $HOME/.xinputrc has been moved/renamed to $HOME/.config/imsettings/xinputrc.
- $HOME/.imsettings.log has been moved/renamed to $HOME/.cache/imsettings/log.
- im-chooser is restricted to run on GNOME3 now. the users are encouraged to add any input sources on the input sources tab from Region & Language in gnome-control-center as a feature of GNOME 3.6.
- default engine for Simplified Chinese has been changed to ibus-libpinyin. (XXX: need to introduce a bit about ibus-libpinyin here and what's the advantage to ibus-pinyin?)
- ibus-typing-booster ... (TBD)
- ibus: how to change the shortcut key ... (TBD)
- ibus: how to change the engine ... (TBD)
- there are some introduction for the input source in Docs/Beats/Desktop.
- ibus: reference table for engines vs names in the input sources on g-c-c (TBD)
- fonts-tweak-tool now supports the language ordering to decide what language has precedence to display the text, and the font properties to change the sub-pixel rendering and hinting configuration per fonts.
- Liberation fonts is rebased to Google's CrOS Core fonts and has more improvements for hinting data and coverage.
- $HOME/.fonts.conf is deprecated. the users are encouraged to move it to $HOME/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf.
- $HOME/.fonts.conf.d is deprecated. the users are encouraged to move it to $HOME/.config/fontconfig/conf.d
- the fontconfig config files that not enabled by default has been moved from /etc/fonts/conf.avail to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail. if you have any symbolic-links from the old place, please update.