- ibus now supports a global shared input method mode for all applications: the default is still to use separate contexts.
- ibus-pinyin engine has been reimplemented in C++ with improved performance of fuzzy pinyin.
- New ibus-fbterm package provides IBus support in the fbterm framebuffer console.
- ibus-hangul engine now supports Romaja style input for Western users.
- ibus-table-quick was merged into ibus-table-cangjie, and new tables added for Smart Cangjie 6, Quick (classic), and Easy (Big).
New Chinese Font
The default font for Simplified Chinese is now WQY Zenhei.
New Lohit Devanagari font replaces the previous separate Lohit fonts for Hindi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Marathi, and Nepali.
Any distinct glyphs for these languages needed in the future can be handled in Lohit Devanagari with Open Type Font locl tags.
Yum Langpacks Plugin
A new feature is yum-langpacks plugin which allows automatic installation of langpacks for various packages.
Glibc Locales and Collation
- New locale kok_IN (Konkani Language locale for India: around 3.6 million speakers) for Devanagari script added.
- Collation for Tamil and Assamese is now available in all locales.