Documentation I18n Beat
- $HOME/.xinputrc has been moved/renamed to $HOME/.config/imsettings/xinputrc.
- $HOME/.imsettings.log has been moved/renamed to $HOME/.cache/imsettings/log.
- default engine for Simplified Chinese has been changed to ibus-libpinyin. see Features/ibus-libpinyin for more details.
- ibus-typing-booster ... (TBD)
- im-chooser is restricted to work on GNOME3 now. the users are encouraged to use the new feature in gnome-control-center, to configure the input method on GNOME3.
- click on the name at the upper right corner of the panel.
- select System Settings from the menu
- click on the Region & Language icon
- open Input Sources tab
- click on + icon to add any input sources
- choose an input source you want to add
- If there are no input sources in the list which you want to use, try the following command on the terminal and restart the desktop:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.input-sources show-all-sources true
- There may be no shortcut key to turn on/off the input method by default. you can enable it as the following steps:
- click the shortcut settings link in the input sources tab on System Settings or click the keyboard icon at the top and the Shortcuts tab, the Typing section at the left pane.
- click on the Switch to next source, press ctrl + space.
- There may be no input source to input a native language through ibus by default. you can add it with the above steps as a workaround. this is the input sources table corresponding to the input method engines:
|input source name||input method engine|
|Chinese (Intelligent Bopomofo)||ibus-libpinyin|
|Chinese (Intelligent Pinyin)||ibus-libpinyin|
|* (inscript (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
|* (itrans (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
|* (phonetic (m17n))||ibus-m17n|
- fonts-tweak-tool now supports the language ordering to decide what language has precedence to display the text, and the font properties to change the sub-pixel rendering and hinting configuration per fonts.
- Liberation fonts is rebased to Google's CrOS Core fonts and has more improvements for hinting data and coverage.
- $HOME/.fonts.conf is deprecated. the users are encouraged to move it to $HOME/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf.
- $HOME/.fonts.conf.d is deprecated. the users are encouraged to move it to $HOME/.config/fontconfig/conf.d
- the fontconfig config files which not enabled by default has been moved from /etc/fonts/conf.avail to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail. if you have any symbolic-links from the old place, please update.