Documentation I18n Beat
- default keybinding to turn Input Method on/off has been changed to [Super]+[space].
- IME switcher dialog is implemented on GNOME Desktop.
ibus-setupprovides 2 options for non-GNOME desktops: Use system keyboard and Embed preedit text in application window
- ibus-kkc (Kana-Kanji Conversion) is a new default Japanese input method engine using the new libkkc backend, replacing ibus-anthy.
- ibus-libpinyin (intelligent pinyin engine using libpinyin) now supports configuring enabled dictionaries and importing 3rd party dictionaries in setup dialog.
- ibus-bogo is a new Vietnamese engine for IBus.
- ibus-typing-booster now makes better use of hunspell when making suggestions and supports Tab completions.
- imsettings now checks the
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.keyboard.activegsettings key to determine if imsettings should manage input methods on GNOME and Cinnamon Desktops. If you do not want to use IBus integration for them, set the key to
- fonts-tweak-tool now has support for embedded bitmaps, font substitution configuration, and OpenType Feature Tags.
- Lohit fonts has following improvement
- Dropped reserved font name from OLF license.
- lohit-devanagari-fonts has corrected "श्री" syllable with mr_IN locale.
- lohit-gujarati-fonts has fixed shape of character "Dha" U+0AA7.
- lohit-kannada-fonts has fix for vowel signs syllables and NGA and NYA glyphs attachment with vowel signs.
- lohit-malayalam-fonts now supports Dot Reph (u0D4E), works well with harfbuzz-ng.
- lohit-tamil-fonts has modified zero to five numerals, Rupee sign (u0BF9) and correct rendering of Tamil Letter RA,RI,RII as per GoTN standards.
- lohit-telugu-fonts now connect NYU ఞ + ు and NYUU ఞ + ూ combination properly.
- paktype-naskh-basic-fonts, paktype-naqsh-fonts, paktype-tehreer-fonts and paktype-ajrak-fonts has following improvement
- Added Turkish Lira symbol
- Fixed bugs with Hamza Below Ye
- New font family Shofar with culmus-fonts.
- New font package google-noto-fonts is added. It is providing hinted open type fonts for Latin, Armenian, Devanagari Ethiopic Georgian, Hebrew, Khmer, Lao, Tamil and Thai script.
- A translation tool called tw has been added.