(adding the link reference mether had added to wikiold)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Revision as of 08:26, 9 September 2008
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) is a volunteer-based community effort from the Fedora project to create a repository of high-quality add-on packages that complement the Fedora-based Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and its compatible spinoffs such as CentOS or Scientific Linux.
Getting Started with EPEL
- About EPEL
- How to use EPEL
- EPEL Package Wish List
- Available Packages:
- Export Regulations
EPEL for Contributors
Joining EPEL is as simple as being part of Fedora (e.g. be a part of the packager group in the account system) and having a love for Enterprise Linux. There is a template that can be used for maintaining EPEL packages as part of a job. More details in the FAQ entry on contributing.
- EPEL SIG - EPEL Special Interest Group
- EPEL Steering Committee - leads the EPEL SIG
- Schedule - tasks the EPEL SIG and its Steering Committee are working on
- Meetings - the EPEL SIG meets every other week on IRC; come and join us!
- Guidelines and Policies - specific to EPEL
- List of Fedora Contributors not participating - not all of them participate in EPEL