Weekly EPEL Summary
Week 09/2008 2008-03-09 -> 2008-03-15
Most important happenings
- Held meeting at scheduled time.
- RHEL-5.2 beta announced. Please test :).
- RHEL 5.2 beta is out. Some EPEL packages will need to be removed as they are in 5.2
Last weeks meeting
Thanks to everyone for attending.
- fill the steering committee; one self-nomination: Xavier Lamien| all | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
- need to send another email to the list to get nominations.
- Status Reports | all | Build System, Packages in waiting etc
- build system working okish
- no problems that were reported.
- make broken dep reports work and send them to the list | mmcgrath | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
- more of a status report. reports are working and look good.
- EL-4/EL-5 pushes | knurd
- pushes going ahead as planned. Working on getting it covered by more than one person.
- several packages are going to be replaced with EPEL packages.
- EPEL will not have a seperate fork for each EL-5.y.z branch... unless there is a demand and volunteers for it.
- KojiAndBodhiForEpel | mmcgrath, _blah_ | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
- discussion covered why we didn't have it for new people on the conversation
- discussion of why CentOS is not used.
- third party vendors want items built with RHEL binaries.. but they aren't showing up on list
- EPEL being used in RHxx training as built against RHEL binaries
- more mirrors | smooge | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
- a request was made to the mirror list and several mirrors jumped on board. We should have a larger coverage for users.
- marketing: Logo, Posters, etc?| smooge | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
- a request was made on the web-page for artwork. No takers yet for art.
Wednesday, 20080326 at 18:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
The topics scheduled for the next meeting as well as a rough status for all in-progress steering committee tasks can always be found in the wiki at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Schedule
Number of EPEL Contributors:176
We welcome 1 new contributors: ianweller
Number of source packages: 1143
Number of binary packages: 1845
There are 1 new Packages:
- maradns | Authoritative and recursive DNS server made with security in mind
Number of source packages: 671
Number of binary packages: 1089