The EPEL Special Interest Group (SIG) is a group of people interested in the EPEL package repository . They and other interested contributers not only do the work but normally also make the EPEL government decisions on the list or in their meetings by participating in the discussions and votings. Only when an agreement can't be found between the interested parties the EPEL Steering Committee jumps in to mediate or to make a hard decision if one is needed to get things unstuck.
Joining the SIG
Joining the EPEL SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora (e.g. be a part of the packager group in the account system) and having a love for Enterprise Linux. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name below and communicating with the rest of the team in via the EPEL developers mailing list , #epel on the Freenode IRC Network and the usual Fedora channels . Consider to join the bi-weekly IRC meetings -- tha's where decisions often get made.
If you have specific work areas in the EPEL project please mention them behind your name in the list below.
- DennisGilmore - EPEL Steering Committee member, infrastructure
- MikeMcGrath - EPEL Steering Committee member, infrastructure
- MichaelStahnke - EPEL Steering Committee member
- KevinFenzi - EPEL Steering Committee member, XFCE
- ThorstenLeemhuis - EPEL Steering Committee chairmen, wiki, keeping the things together
- KarstenWade - EPEL Steering Committee member, Communication with Red Hat
- JeffSheltren - EPEL Steering Committee member
- StevenPritchard - Perl
- CristianBalint - GIS (Geographic Information System) tools