Fedora Extras Steering Committee Meeting 21 April 2005
- Tom Callaway
- Greg DeKoenigsburg (Chair)
- Jeremy Katz
- Jesse Keating
- Dave Lawrence
- Elliot Lee
- Michael Schwendt
- Ville Skyttä
- Warren Togami
- Karsten Wade (FDSCO chair)
- Seth Vidal
- Colin Charles
- fedora.redhat.com revamp - Greg is asking for help from the docs project. Karsten agreed. There's going to probably be some changes for what a "project" is and clean up some of the outdated information.
- New package submission process - Warren and Dave are scheduled to meet on Friday to discuss this. Outcome pending for next week.
- FC4 naming - Elliot hasn't received anything from the charities being looked at. Deadline is still test3.
- PPC build box - Jeremy has meeting planned with Red Hat's partner manager for IBM to discuss what's happened there. During the course of the meeting, the machine was tracked down and now is in Dave's cube for a little bit of testing before handing over to Cristian to handle getting in the build farm.
- New account system - Has been announced to contributors. There's a bit of documentation needed as well as UI cleanup. It changes the work flow somewhat which also needs some documentation cleanup.
- Build system work - Seth reported via mail good progress. The plan is to get this checked into CVS and running "real soon now"
- Fedora Traffic - Colin reported via mail on the delay last week being due to the process not being exactly what was expected. Hope to have the first one up this week.
- Further publicizing of fedoraforum.org - Greg will do over the next week.
- Fedora Legacy wiki migration - Legacy has been caught up bringing infrastructure for FC2 builds online. Will hopefully get back to tackling soon.
- Repoview for fedora.redhat.com - Question as to where to link into fedora.redhat.com structure, but available in the trees, eg http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/repodata/.
- Movement from contributor to sponsor - Greg is going to work on clarifying sponsor role so we can take a better crack at this.
- FUDCon2 - Planning is underway for Fedora presence, FUDCon2 speakers and booth at LinuxTag.