Leave your feed back for the Fedora 14 wallpaper theme concept, shown below.
Some earlier iterations:
There's a couple of reasons why this theme relates to Fedora 14. First, the codename for Fedora 14 is 'Laughlin'. This is after Robert Laughlin, the 1998 Nobel Prize winner in physics for the fractional quantum Hall effect research he did. Laughlin argues for a concept called 'emergence' which states: "The whole is more than the sum of its parts." Kyle's proposal shows many separate lines coming together that, when you step back, forms a solid shape as well, relating to Laughlin's concept of emergence. Secondly, Fedora is a kind of a single object - a Linux-based operating system - but it's also a community made up of many individuals from all over the world and aggregating many individual open source projects and work. So the concept also relates to what Fedora itself is.
Open Feedback Area
From Design Team Meetings
- needs more fedora blue
- needs more blue instead of black
- needs more shiny things
- too dark
- favorite is the latest mokcup
- one user's first comment was that it's kind of dizzy-looking, any way to tone it down?
Posted by --Duffy 03:09, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
We'll gather feedback from a variety of places here.
Blog Post Feedback
- Felix said, on July 14, 2010 at 2:08 am: "Looks already great. I hope you can get some input from Jakub for the polishment."
- Christof said, on July 14, 2010 at 2:18 am: "That finally looks like a background I would use. I think I have not used the default Fedora background or theme in the last five years."
- jreznik said, on July 14, 2010 at 2:34 am: "Nice Kitty! Sorry, I missed meeting yesterday – but I’m happy with this concept ;-)"
- Dave Pawson said, on July 14, 2010 at 3:20 am: "Re Kyles design? Yes, looks good. How to make it a little brighter? Bit too sombre at the moment?"
- Jared Morgan said, on July 14, 2010 at 5:43 am: "Love the new theme for F14. Looking forward to seeing this in a few months."
- Julian Aloofi said, on July 14, 2010 at 6:07 am: "Just my 2 cents, I think the wallpaper looks a bit intimidating. It’s pretty dark and has a kind of “agressive” depth. When I look at it, it’s not really a picture I’d like to see on my desktop every day; it’s rather something I’d expect to see in a bad dream. Maybe something more colourful? Just sharing my first impression, I don’t know how the complete theme will look of course :)"
- ankursworld said, on July 14, 2010 at 7:17 am: "Hey, this wallpaper is awesome. I’ve already begun using it :) Ankur"
- drago01 said, on July 14, 2010 at 8:04 am: "IMO this is too dark; was the reason why I didn’t like the F13 wallpaper but it seems like this trend continues …"
- Fedora Forum URL goes here
Fedora users mailing list Feedback
- URL to initial mailing list post for feedback here
Twitter & Identi.ca Feedback
- URLs to initial twitter & identi.ca posts for feedback here
- http://identi.ca/notice/41294289 (mizmo)
I'm a bit concerned that this looks too reminiscent of a broken LCD screen. Am I crazy? --Mattdm 12:49, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- "Lubomir Rinteł this is actually quite beautiful even though it is just a concept. By the way, is it some kind of a rule that the theme is always blue-ish, or just a unwritten custom?"
- "Rahul Sundaram Unwritten custom. Users always want blue. It is established pattern. "